Alternate row background color

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Alternate row background color

Postby DynV » Sun May 20, 2012 10:19 am

I've searched multiple times and with breaks in between and just can't seem to find how to made rows alternate background colors. I found a very interesting solution for calc [Solved] Background Color Alternating Row Fill but Conditional Formatting isn't in the format section (between horizontal bars, in the one which contains Styles and Formatting) for Writer (reports are made with Writer ; I assume connecting to the DB).

I find it hard to stay on the same line (while reading) without alternate backgrounds or sufficient padding ; but I don't put padding to make room for more rows per page. I guess for now I will have to either lean close to the display :( or hold a ruler/stick/sheet or something straight to hold the line.

Thank you kindly for your help
AOO414m5 on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. Je suis francophone.
DynV

Re: Alternate row background color

Postby Villeroy » Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 am

No problem with Calc as report medium. [Tutorial] Using registered datasources in Calc
You can have many reports and forms in the same Calc document, all types of calculations, charts, pivot table reports.
Create some template with your preferred cell styles, page styles, logos and 2 sets of colored cell styles for the alternating rows.
Import some database data and apply the first set of styles to the columns.
menu:Format>Conditional...
<Formula Is...> ISEVEN(ROW())
Style: <other cell style>
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, OpenOffice 4.x & LibreOffice 6.x
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Alternate row background color

Postby DynV » Sun May 20, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks Villeroy, I will do that is there's no solution for default reporting (using Writer).
AOO414m5 on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. Je suis francophone.
DynV

Return to Reporting