Images in report builder report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
KingNothing13

Images in report builder report

Post by KingNothing13 »

Hi all, I am trying to build a report using the Oracle Report Builder extension, but whenever I add an image into the report and try to run it, I get the following error(s), I have tried inserting as a 'Report Control' and 'From File', have I found a bug, or am I missing something?

EDIT: forgot to note that I am using Libreoffice 3.4.3, and mac osx 10.5.8, if that makes a difference.

error 1:
SQL Status: S1000

An error occurred while creating the report.

error 2 (information):
An exception of type com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException was caught.

error 3:
[jni_uno bridge error] UNO calling Java method execute: non-UNO exception occurred: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
java stack trace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at com.sun.star.report.SOImageService.getImageSize(SOImageService.java:88)
at com.sun.star.report.SOImageService.getImageSize(SOImageService.java:135)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.output.ImageProducer.produceFromURL(ImageProducer.java:431)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.output.ImageProducer.produceFromString(ImageProducer.java:326)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.output.ImageProducer.produceImage(ImageProducer.java:206)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.output.OfficeDocumentReportTarget.startImageProcessing(OfficeDocumentReportTarget.java:1322)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.output.text.TextRawReportTarget.startOther(TextRawReportTarget.java:550)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.output.OfficeDocumentReportTarget.startElement(OfficeDocumentReportTarget.java:724)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.layoutprocessor.ImageElementLayoutController.generateImage(ImageElementLayoutController.java:118)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.layoutprocessor.ImageElementLayoutController.delegateContentGeneration(ImageElementLayoutController.java:89)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.layoutprocessor.AbstractReportElementLayoutController.advance(AbstractReportElementLayoutController.java:131)
at org.jfree.report.flow.AbstractReportProcessor.processReportRun(Unknown Source)
at org.jfree.report.flow.SinglePassReportProcessor.processReport(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.PentahoReportJob.execute(PentahoReportJob.java:374)
at com.sun.star.report.pentaho.SOReportJobFactory$_SOReportJobFactory.execute(SOReportJobFactory.java:223)

And off topic for this question, is it possible to use subreports, ala. Crystal Reports? I am trying to build stat reports for a hockey game, and it would be great to get the skaters and goalies on the same report.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Brett
LibreOffice 3.4.3, Mac OSX 10.5.8
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Images in report builder report

Post by r4zoli »

I can not test on Mac, under win7 the image insert works, may be it is Mac specific?
KingNothing13 wrote: And off topic for this question, is it possible to use subreports, ala. Crystal Reports? I am trying to build stat reports for a hockey game, and it would be great to get the skaters and goalies on the same report.
No subreports in report builder, you can try to use grouping instead.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
diosif

Post by diosif »

I face the exact same situation! Cannot run a report with images!
LibreOffice 3.2 with MacOSX 10.6
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin