Show total records in report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
dniezby

Show total records in report

Post by dniezby »

In my report header, I just want to show how many records are in the report. None of the posts I've found seem to answer this.

I have a membership list that generates a list of my "premium" members but I can't seem to figure out a way to get it to put Total Premium Members : TEXTBOX HERE in the header of my reports.

I've tied the counter but that seems to only work in the details section and it numbers each record of the report. I don't want that. I just want that final total to appear in my page header.

Thanks in advance.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Vista
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Show total records in report

Post by r4zoli »

I think it is not possible with report builder, to put number of records into report header.

When report headers generated, the program don't know how much records will be in report.

Use database as data source and create report in Calc, than you can put record numbers where you want.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
HaPott

Post by HaPott »

r4zoli wrote:When report headers generated, the program don't know how much records will be in report.
You can use a user defined function in the report builder. With "pre evaluation" set to true ORB first calculates the function. By this it is possible to use the result in the report header or a group header.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... eneral_Tab

HaPott
OOo 3.3, WIN XP + Vista
[url]http://www.norderney-seeadler.de[/url]
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

HaPott you are right, the "pre evaluation" works in report header, thanks to point to this.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin