[unresolvable]Base-Insert/Field/Report Name?(RepWiz-notORB)

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
bs27975

[unresolvable]Base-Insert/Field/Report Name?(RepWiz-notORB)

Post by bs27975 »

What is the base equivalent to insert / field / document / file name in writer, or format / page / header / edit / sheet name, in calc, for the report name?

i.e. To get the report name what to insert after having gone to insert / field?

Thx.
Last edited by bs27975 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Base - Insert / Field / Report Name?

Post by r4zoli »

The TITLE() supported in report, you can add with Function wizard, from MetaData category, in Data tab, it will insert report name.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
bs27975

Post by bs27975 »

[Making sure you know we're talking Report Wizard, not Report Builder, here. i.e. After running wizard, now editing report manually.]

Not sure what you mean here. I did see that there is a document properties title field. Looking to have something automatically filled in, as I'll make one good report with such headers, then copy many times.

What I'm unsure of with your reply is 'function wizard'? And 'MetaData category'?

I presume you do not mean Table / Formula. I do presume you mean insert / fields / other / ...

Under functions there is no metadata. If by MetaData you mean DocInformation tab, title there inserts nothing.

If by Data tab you mean the database tab, I see nothing for MetaData, nor title, nor functions.

Sorry, I'm lost.
OpenOffice 3.3.1 on Windows
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

Report needs to be created in ORB, or with wizard with intalled ORB.
Open report in edit mode add new field into page header, and on properties go to the data tab.

The "old" report wizard could not handle this, and will not developed any more.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
bs27975

Post by bs27975 »

<sigh>

Thanks. And I gave up on ORB due to mysterious deaths that leave me with nowhere to go, no way to address.

Create a report, it crashes with a cryptically useless message, leaving me nowhere to go with it.

<sigh>

Thanks for letting me know.
bs27975

Re: [unresolvable]Base-Insert/Field/Report Name?(RepWiz-notO

Post by bs27975 »

Wish I understood how to use the MRI extension that villeroy kindly and usefully pointed out to me, better. It might reveal the report name, if I could get it to search. (I expect that's my ignorance as to how to use it, not MRI's fault.) And I could macro a field setting if I knew where the report name was.