Formatting columns in Reports

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
redkite31

Formatting columns in Reports

Post by redkite31 »

I have been working through the Getting Started Guide, Chapter 10 Getting Started with Base.
When I create a report the formatting of the data in the columns is all wrong, presumably default settings. I have changed the column formats by right-clicking on the first line in the columns, but this only changes the format for that line, the rest of the report is unchanged. Even allowing for the fact that the Guide was written using an earlier version of OpenOffice, this seems bizarre! How can I reformat the whole column?
Open Office 3.2.1 on Windows 7 (64-bit)
JohnV
Volunteer

Re: Formatting columns in Reports

Post by JohnV »

Right click your report and select Edit. Move the cursor above a column's label and it will change to an arrow. Click to select the column and make your changes. Save and then open the report - your entire column should reflect the change.
redkite31

Post by redkite31 »

OK thanks John. That works fine if its a straight table. But if the report is grouped by date it doesn't change the formatting for the next group. Also, how do I reformat the report date at the top?
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

But if the report is grouped by date it doesn't change the formatting for the next group.
Works for me.
how do I reformat the report date at the top?
That's a field - select it and apply formatting.
redkite31

Post by redkite31 »

I have downloaded the latest versions of OpenOffice (3.2) and the tutorial, but I'm still having the same problems:
1) changing the format of a field only works for the first record/group;
2) if I select the report date to reformat it I don't get the Number Format option.
What am I doing wrong?