SRB and images

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
Francesco

SRB and images

Post by Francesco »

I'm quite new to dbase implementation, and I'm trying to have a simple database containing images.
Link to the images position on the disk is the method I prefer to have.
I have a table like:
Obj_descr_1 1.jpg
Obj_descr_2 2.jpg
I managed to get a working form with the image correctly displaying, but still I'm not able to get a report.

I use OO 3.2 on Windows XP, with the latest SRB. In the report section I created an image control, with the data field linked to the image path. (As I have understand from some reading seems to me that only complete path in URL format is accepted, relative path is not working at the moment, so in the table my path is something like: "file:///C:/Documents and Settings/francesco/My Documents/1.jpg" )

However when opening the report, the text fields displays correctly, instead the Image control displays the file 1.jpg for every record. How could i solve?

Thanks in advance.
Open Office 3.2 on Windows XP / Ubuntu 10.04
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: SRB and images

Post by r4zoli »

No solution until OOo 3.3.
It is broken in OOo 3.2.x and srb 1.2.0.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Thanks for the answer, even if I don't like it! ;-)
Some other related questions:
1) Is it possible to access this database with an external (freeware?)reporting tool that let me do what I want?
2) Is it currently "fixed", so if I use a beta of OOo 3.3, could I do that?
Open Office 3.2 on Windows XP / Ubuntu 10.04
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

The development version of OOo 3.3 is ok, and the report builder alpha version can be downloaded, but at time this post is unreachable.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin