[Solved] Data showing up in the wrong columns

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
kevposton

[Solved] Data showing up in the wrong columns

Post by kevposton »

I am using a database I created in OpenOffice 2.3.0. When I create a report, each set of data is over one column to the left from where it should be. Example: Data 1 missing; Column 1 holds Data 2; Column 2 holds Data 3; etc., until the last column, which holds no data because there is none left. Any tips????
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as solved.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: Data showing up in the wrong columns

Post by DrewJensen »

By any chance is your Base file getting the data from TEXT files? There is a none issue with that, and this sounds somewhat like that..

Other wise, I suppose the report was made with the Report Wizard..again I believe there is an open issue about this problem - I believe in that one the problem is because of column names - For example the column name, in the database table , Title causes a problem. The way around that is to use a query and alias the field name to something other then Title..

Just a few thoughts.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
kevposton

Re: Data showing up in the wrong columns

Post by kevposton »

Problem fixed beautifully! You guessed correctly with the "title" issue.

I had already used a query to overcome some of the reporting issues I was having, but after changing the "title" heading, all the data lined up correctly.

Thanks!
rmalone17

Re: [Solved] Data showing up in the wrong columns

Post by rmalone17 »

I too have been having this problem pulling data with a query from a DB4 file and trying to create a report. The 'alisas' solution worked for me. Thanks! Others should note that this is as of July 2008 using version 2.4.1 under Windows/XP so be aware that this error continues.

Richard
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP