Adding rows to a report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
cupid

Adding rows to a report

Post by cupid »

when i add rows to the report in Edit mode to add a second level of labels and blank spaces it either doesn't show the data or the data overlaps data below it. is there a way to get around this or what am i doing wrong?
Open Office 3.0 on Windows XP
evwool
Volunteer

Re: Adding rows to a report

Post by evwool »

(to coin the MS Office Paperclip) It sounds like you want a row of blank squares under each line of data in your report. The only way I can see to do this is to create your own boxes using the Horizontal Line and Vertical Line buttons which are on the Toolbar in Report Design view.
Make the section which contains your controls taller by dragging along the lower line of the section.
Click the Properties button (on the toolbar too). When you draw a line with the Vertical Line button, type a Width in the Properties box like 0.2 (when I tried drawing a line, it set the width to 0!)
Also in Properties, next to Orientation, choose Vertical (even though I'd drawn the line after pressing the Vertical line button, the default setting was Horizontal).
I found it easier to use the Properties box to size my lines than trying to drag them correctly. Once you've created once square, you can select all the lines by clicking on them while pressing the Space bar, then paste to create the additional ones.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Windows XP and on Windows 7 Starter