Double line in Label Field

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
dreamquartz

Double line in Label Field

Post by dreamquartz »

05/07/2021: BUMP

Update:
Having the need to create something like that and saving the resultset in xlsx-format for uploading to what appears to be a MS based external database, my question is to those who are familiar with MS Access for large environments, if MS Access (if that what it is) is able to create a double lined Label Field.

02/27/2021: BUMP.

Can someone please provide me with some insight?

Hi All,

I need to create a Report in xlsx-format with a Label Field showing a double line, like:
Colour
Yellow

When copying the info into gEdit or Writer, it appears to be a Carriage Return '¶', but I am unable to re-create it.

Does anyone know how to create a Label Field with a double line?

Thanks in advance,

Dream
Last edited by dreamquartz on Fri May 07, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
dreamquartz

Re: Double line in Label Field

Post by dreamquartz »

@Villeroy
Checked your
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=94435, but I am still unable to create a double line via SQL.
I have the following options:
1. re-create a double line header with SQL.
2. create a result-set without a header, and place it in the result-set in the sheet starting from a specific cell (A2)
3. Pivot-table

ad 1.
I cannot seem to find a way to re-create that, hence this request for help.
This would be my preferred solution. Resizing cells does not do the trick. In the sheet I am trying to re-create, there is some type of 'Carriage Return'-character at the end of line 1. It appears to be a "pilcow' (new paragraph).

ad 2.
Whatever I try, I always seem to start with cell A1, and always including the 'heading'.

ad 3.
Saddest part of all. A Pivot-table construct is still not saved in a xlsx file format coming from Calc.
This "bug" is still not solved as far as I can determine.....

Any suggestions?

Dream

Stay save out there.
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.