Editing/formating report look

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
yazoo1

Editing/formating report look

Post by yazoo1 »

I am new to database. My issue is: I would like some of the information on my report to be in a table format. but do not see the option to do so. The report I am working on is an invoice were Description. qty, unit price, line total is on a table. I know nothing about grouping ect... to set up the report (using online videos for help) but that may be the solution. It just seamed I could format the area (header/ footer) separately to display the information a different way(ie table). Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I attached an image of what I want my report to look like to help avoid confusion.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Editing/formating report look

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
I don't know much about your situation, but I do know that the image did not attach.
Please post a reply using the PostReply button, not the QuickReply, so that you have access to the section for attaching an image/file.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
yazoo1

Post by yazoo1 »

Untitled-2.jpg

This is an image of what I want in the report. I cannot figure out how to have the table format in the report .
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

The Oracle Report Builder, which has more features than the built-in report builder, does not have a table format. You would have to create the table manually using lines. Much easier to create a table report using Calc.
See this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=18511
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10