[Solved] The document " " could not be opened

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
JohnKarim

[Solved] The document " " could not be opened

Post by JohnKarim »

Hi

My reports suddenly stop working, the error message is OpenOffice base the document "Report" could not be opened. all queries are working well. I am using oracle report builder.

can anyone please help.

Thanks

John
Attachments
Untitled.png
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4.1.7
F3K Total
Volunteer

Re: openoffice base the document " " could not be opened

Post by F3K Total »

Hello,
have you installed and then selected a 32-bit Java-version in Menu /Tools/Options ... OpenOffice-> Java?
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
JohnKarim

Post by JohnKarim »

java is installed, i didnt find to change to 32bit. and i had oracle report builder installed but now nothing on extension option.
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled3.png
Open Office 4.1.7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Your Java is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\" which is the place where a 64-bit Windows installs 32-bit software. This is the correct Java for OpenOffice which is also installed in C:\Program Files (x86).
If the report required a special extension, the error message would be about the missing extension. I've never seen your error message when opening a report. I think, the reports are broken somehow.
You can recreate the reports even from an older backup copy of the database document without touching the data in your database.
Make a new backup copy of the current database (just in case).
Open the current database, delete all reports. If the report icons do not disappear, save, close and reopen the document. Now the report section should be empty.
Open the old backup where the reports are still intact and copy the report icons into the report section of your current database. Drag&drop should work as well if you arrange both document windows side by side.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
JohnKarim

Post by JohnKarim »

Thanks Guys, Its all good now.
Open Office 4.1.7