LO Base 6.2x plus issues with MYSQL JDBC connector

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
DaddySmack66

LO Base 6.2x plus issues with MYSQL JDBC connector

Post by DaddySmack66 »

When I upgraded to LibreOffice Office 6.2x my database cannot connect to MySql. Anyone else having this issue? I had to uninstall LO 6.2x and install LO 6.1x to get the JDBC connector working. This happens on Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.04. I am running MYSQL 5.7 on a server. I am running the Oracle 5.45 connector
LibreOffice 6, Ubuntu 18.04 19.04 MySQL
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: LO Base 6.2x plus issues with MYSQL JDBC connector

Post by Villeroy »

Possibly some weird privilege settings:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=98371&p=473879#p473879 where I had to log-in as Linux root in order to be able to add a valid database account.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
DaddySmack66

Post by DaddySmack66 »

Villeroy, Thank you for your response. I spent many hours trying to track down the issue. I am not a programmer, but a "jack of all trades" IT guy who still prefers a GUI but is learning to appreciate the command line. I love data and databases. Thank you OO and LO for Base and the Frugal Computer Guy for his you tube videos and you too Villeroy for all your contributions to this forum. I just wanted to see if others where having issues with LO Base 6.2x and MySQL connections. I am going to stay with the rolled back LO Base 6.1x for now and spend time trying to get my forms programmed and such. Maybe someone will try to spin a virtual Ubuntu 19.04 and MySQL local instance 5.7 and get a connection working and post here. I have tried that and could not get it to work. I discovered the issue when I upgraded and it broke my BASE from end database (forms and queries) and had to roll back. I will just wait a little and see if anyone else reports an issue.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I will just wait a little and see if anyone else reports an issue.
You are the one to do this. It may be cumbersome because someone at Document Foundation has to reproduce your problem which requires a MySQL setup similar to yours. Meanwhile you could simply use the built-in driver or ODBC.
I do not use MySQL and in the other topic I've llinked I tried to setup a local database from scratch in order to reproduce another issue. I stumbled upon a crude problem between my operating system and MySQL. Once this was solved, the database was connected to a Base document which worked with LO 6.0 and LO 6.2.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
DaddySmack66

Post by DaddySmack66 »

Got you, I will do that... report the issue/bug to LO. I use Ubuntu 18.04 on my main machines and have rolled out 19.04 for testing. I assume ODBC is Windows only?

What database backend do you use?
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Wikipedia wrote:In computing, Open Database Connectivity is a standard application programming interface for accessing database management systems. The designers of ODBC aimed to make it independent of database systems and operating systems. An application written using ODBC can be ported to other platforms, both on the client and server side, with few changes to the data access code.
Same question posted at AskLibreOffice
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
DaddySmack66

Post by DaddySmack66 »

Thanks David. I will test in my VM using ODBC and MySQL.