Change in OBDC Error 182 from MYSQL

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
feinstev

Change in OBDC Error 182 from MYSQL

Post by feinstev »

I have Open Office 3.4 (but this problem is happening with 4.1.5 as wll.

I have a MYSQL 5.4 database running on a Windows 2008 File Server and accessed with a Windows 2008 Terminal Server. I use Open Office 3.4 to manage the data in a single ODB database. i also have a number of Forms (ODT files). The OBDC I used is the 5.4 Beta which has worked fine for years.

We are trying to migrate the servers to Windows 16 server. We have the MySQL 8.0 OBDC running on a Windows 2016 Terminal Server connected to the Mysql database that is still on Windows 2008 File Server. With this configuration, I can click on the ODB database and all is good. However, when i click on the ODT files I get the following error from Open Office:

SQL Status: IM003
Error code: 160

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 182: (MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver,
C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\Connector ODBC 8.0\myodbc8a.dll).

I seem to get the same error on both OO 3.4 and OO 4.1.5. I'm assuming that the ODT files somehow don't know about the MYSQL ODBC. Can you give me an idea what the problem can be and what I could do to fix this?

Thanks,
Steve F
Attachments
MYSQL Connction Error in Base.PNG
MYSQL Connction Error in Base.PNG (7.92 KiB) Viewed 6641 times
Open Office 3.4 running on Windows XP with MYSQL
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Change in OBDC Error 182 from MYSQL

Post by Villeroy »

An odt file does not have any connection to databases. An office document connects through a Base document. The Base document connects to your MySQL database through a setup ODBC connection on your system. The error message indicates that some file does not exist. You can check easily if it exists or not. This is not related to your office suite. You would get the same error when trying to connect any other database tool with that database.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice