[Solved] Mysql Connection error following Java Update

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
GowerMick

[Solved] Mysql Connection error following Java Update

Post by GowerMick »

I have just updated java on my Windows 10 PC, to JRE 1.8.0_191, and it is correctly identified by Options-Libreoffice-Advanced.
I needed to update Connector - j at same time and this is now version 8.0.11, and was correctly changed in the Class Path.

NB After update to JRE, but prior to update connector/j, I was getting the usual "could not connect ..." error message whenever I tried to connect to my MySQL database, hence need to update connector/j

After the connector/J update, I get a different error message :

The server time value 'GMT Summer Time' is unrecognised or represents more than one time zone. etc etc
My reading so far suggests this is from MySQL server, whose settings I have not touched!

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: If I try to set default time zone in MySQL Server ini file, the server won't start!
Last edited by GowerMick on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick
LibreOffice 7.2.6.2 (x64)
Oracle Report Builder
Windows 10 Home
GowerMick

Re: Mysql Connection error following Java Update [Solved]

Post by GowerMick »

I reverted to previous Connector/J (V 5.1.45) and problem seems to have cleared. I'm beginning to wonder if I had downloaded the wrong version, but WTH, it is working now. For how long though, that's what's worrying me :(

I apologise for reposting, as I just realised I had this same problem back in April, following another update to Java, and it seems the error message causing me to update Connector/J was a red herring, as it is now working with same connector/J, despite this connector/J failing immediately after Java update.

It will annoy me if this happens every time I update Java - aargh
Mick
LibreOffice 7.2.6.2 (x64)
Oracle Report Builder
Windows 10 Home