[Solved] Connection to data source could not be established

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
phollox

[Solved] Connection to data source could not be established

Post by phollox »

Hello commuity,

I tried upgrading the driver of my embedded LibreOffice database. I tried using the macro provided by Villeroy ExtractHSQL. The message after the macro ran shows that the database is using the hsqldb.jar file put in the driver subdirectory, according to the instructions on the original post. However, when I tried to check the content of the Tables tab, I get an error message:

Code: Select all

The connection to the data source "PholloxDBase" could not be established.
Error code: 1000

The driver class 'org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver' could not be loaded.The additional driver class path is 'file:///home/phollox/PholloxDB/driver/hsqldb.jar'.
Error code: -1

org/hsqldb/jdbcDriver : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
I then used the FreeHSQLDB macro also by Villeroy, and it shows that the database is using the right *.script file on the database subdirectory and *.jar file on the driver subdirectory.

I downloaded HSQLDB package version 2.4.1. Maybe I need to use a less current version? Has anyone seen this typeof problem?

Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
LibreOffice 6 on Linux (Arch Linux with kernel 4.14.55 LTS)
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Connection to the data source could not be established

Post by UnklDonald418 »

There have been some reported issues with HSQLDB 2.4.x and Base. Try 2.3.4
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb ... sqldb_2_3/
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
phollox

Re: Connection to the data source could not be established

Post by phollox »

UnklDonald418 wrote:There have been some reported issues with HSQLDB 2.4.x and Base. Try 2.3.4
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb ... sqldb_2_3/
Thank you UnkiDonald418. That was my line of though after several tests. I just did this and it works. I though I might have to change something on the .script file.

Thanks again!
LibreOffice 6 on Linux (Arch Linux with kernel 4.14.55 LTS)