Problems connecting to IBM Informix Database

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
kagel

Problems connecting to IBM Informix Database

Post by kagel »

When I attempt to connect to this server/database using an ODBC connection from OOD v 2.3.1 I get the following error:

The connection to the data source "sourcename" could not be established.
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

From this same WinXP PC I can connect to the DB natively (using the IBM Informix connection tools). I have established an ODBC Dataset in Windows using the IBM Informix ODBC driver and I can connect and query the DB using RazorSQL connected via ODBC.

I have also created a database as an ODBC connection to this Dataset in Open Office Data but when I try to connect from there I get the error above.

Can anyone help? Been a while since I set up an ODBC connection from a PC (I'm mainly a UNIX geek myself) so it may be something trivial I'm missing, but I need this to work. :(

Art S. Kagel
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: Problems connecting to IBM Informix Database

Post by DrewJensen »

Never tried the ODBC connector for Informix - well any connector to Informix from Base - but in general I have much better luck with the JDBC drivers, even under windows, then the ODBC ones.

You can download a free driver from
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/do ... W71&S_CMP=

Once it is downloaded you must tell OpenOffice.org you intend to use it.

Tools > Options > Java
Click on Class Path
Browse to the driver *.jar file and include it.

After that change you Base connection properties to use JDBC - and you will need to read the docs with the driver for specifics.

Anyway it would be worth a try, IMO

Drew
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04