Editing WordPress Database

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
themobilehomeless

Editing WordPress Database

Post by themobilehomeless »

Hi everyone. I have a website that runs on the WordPress platform and I make a lot of edits to the database daily. I despise suing PHPmyadmin, which is what my cPanel offers, and I'd much rather edit it locally. It's obviously a simple MySQL database, so exporting it and editing it in Base is fairly straightforward. However, is there a way to make a direct connection to my database through Base so I can just open it up and edit my database in real time without having to manually download/upload a SQL dump file? If it helps, this is my website: http://weddingdaysparklers.com/

I don't care if I need to change file permissions or server settings; even spending a few hours getting it configured will pay off after a few days. Any ideas or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Open Office Version 3.1
Windows 7 Professional
robleyd

Re: Editing WordPress Database

Post by robleyd »

First thing you need to find out from your web host is whether they allow remote connections to mysql

If so, see the Help for Base and look at databases|connecting for the various possibilities available.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers