Old Access Files

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
TonyMan13

Old Access Files

Post by TonyMan13 »

The Registrar of a club I belong too used a version of Access from 1998 or 1999 on a PC running Windows XP. We were thinking of using Open office so that different Board members could work with our database. Some of the members feel that the database file is so old that Open Office would not be able to import it, therefore not worth the try.

Does anyone know if an Access database that old can be imported rather than entering the data manually?

Thanks
Open office 4.1.2, Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Old Access Files

Post by RusselB »

The easiest method to determine this, is to simply try to open/import the Access database.
I'd suggest starting Base
When Base starts without a database file, you'll get the Database Wizard.
While I wouldn't call it idiot proof, I think you'd have a problem not being able to follow the directions.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Old Access Files

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice