Merging two Tables together

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
michaelmorgan9

Merging two Tables together

Post by michaelmorgan9 »

Hello,
I have two different databases on excel, i would like to merge both of them using three different "cells" from each table. For example, both databases have the addresses however the address are separated in three different cells, Which is the number of the house, whether is a street, drive or boulevard, and the name of the street. Is there a way i could combine both tables together ? I am new to this forum, if i am not clear please let me know
openoffice 4.1.1 on mac
calc-learner

Re: Merging two Tables together

Post by calc-learner »

Seems you would like to combine data from two tables into one.

The easiest way I can think of to do this would be to:
1. Create 2 pivot tables in excel showing the three columns you want, one for each database.
2. Highlight the first table in your excel file and copy.
3. Paste this data into the calc file.
4. Highlight the second table in your excel file(but do not highlight the column names this time).
5. Paste the second table below the first table.
6. Press F4 and open the (+ sign) database you want the data to go to. Highlight the data and drag it onto "Table". Follow the wizard from there.

Cheers!
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 Windows 10 Enterprise
MTP
Volunteer

Re: Merging two Tables together

Post by MTP »

These forums are for OpenOffice and LibreOffice, which make a word processor called Writer, a spreadsheet named Calc, a database manager called Base, and other components of office software. You posted specifically in the forum for Base. Are you actually looking to use the software Base?

I ask because your post references only Excel, which is a competing spreadsheet made by Microsoft. Are you just in the wrong forum? You may have better luck posting in a different site that supports Microsoft products.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database