Tally ODBC to Base Data Extraction

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
Mahendra

Tally ODBC to Base Data Extraction

Post by Mahendra »

Dear Experts,

I have requirement to extract data from tally ERP software to Calc, and for the same using Base to registere Database via Tally ODBC. While Selecting Data source screen and trying to Organise the data source i am getting Error Screen Headed by " ODBC Config Wrapper" :roll: and detailing "the setup routines for the tally odbc driver could not be found. Please re-install the driver" :oops:

My query is Whether i require to go to the config screen before registering the ODBC Source or no need to go in depth?

As in case i skip the config screen of Data Source selection, the Export is taking too long and not successfull.

Please guide in the matter. :?:

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Error Disply
Error Disply
Open Office 3.4.0
Win XP SP3
eremmel

Re: Tally ODBC to Base Data Extraction

Post by eremmel »

The only thing I can think of is a mismatch between 32-bit Base and a 64-bit ODBC driver. You might verify this.
On W7 ODBC config tool is:
64 bit: c:\Windows\system32\odbcad32.exe
32 bit: c:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
You normally configure ODBC via Windows first and test the connectivity.
When that is working you try to access it via Base.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
Mahendra

Post by Mahendra »

Dear eremmel,

Thanks for your Prompt reply in the matter,

But my Operating system is 32Bit Windows Xp SP3 and the same is not configuring.

I have shared the screenshot. Test of Connectivity is successful, but not importing data.

If the details are insufficient please reply.

thanks in advance.
Open Office 3.4.0
Win XP SP3
eremmel

Post by eremmel »

You schreenshot indicates that you try to configure/organize ODBC via Base (as you told before). Can you prevent that and set/configure your ODBC source via Windows, so you only have to pickup the name of your odbc resource and try to connect?

I've experience with some source writing of ODBC and the interface is rich and has many details. Sometimes clients (like Base) do not match (has the wrong assumptions) of a ODBC source. So you might also run into an interoperability issue.

What do you mean with 'but not importing data'. Your information so far indicates a connectivity issue.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
Mahendra

Post by Mahendra »

ODBC Connectivity Test
ODBC Connectivity Test
Yes Eremmel,

I tested connection in 3rd Step "Set up and User Authentication", Screen shot attached.

database got saved.

Further "but not importing data" mean table wizard is not opening.

in Table opening Wizard no data get poped up. which problem is stopping the table opening command is not understood.

can you guide to find the prob and to solve.

And what is "interoperability issue." u mentioned in your reply?

Thanking you
Attachments
Table Wizard
Table Wizard
Open Office 3.4.0
Win XP SP3
eremmel

Post by eremmel »

From you last screen shot I see that tables are retrieved from system. What happens when you try to open a table (double klick) on it? Do you see the data? I've impression that this is not the case according your description, but you are also taling about Wizard and that is something different. It is very likely that you can not change (and examine?) the table definition.

What about making a query to select some data like "select * from Ledger", does that show some data?

When you like to trace some ODBC stuff you might checkout this microsoft articel. It might also possible that Tally has its own logging/tracing system, that that is something for Tally's documentation / forum to search.

With "interoperability issue" I mean that there is a protocol mismatch in expectations between the various software layers.