[Solved] Importing date data into Base from Calc

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
johncraw

[Solved] Importing date data into Base from Calc

Post by johncraw »

I am getting frustrated with this problem.
I have a database with a table in it. I want to import data that originally came from EXCEL (via ACCESS) on another computer. I created the table in Base with the same specifications for the columns as in EXCEL. There is one date field. It is in the format DD-MMM-YY.
When I try to import the table, I get an error (Warning wrong data type), and all the data except the date data is imported correctly.
I thought that the problem was with the format. I changed both the spreadsheet and Base column to General number. The same problem!

One odd thing though. After I unsuccessfully loaded the data I selected one of the values (41926) in the spreadsheet and copied it to the table It changed to 41928. I saw, in a previous post that when copied, dates will increase by 2. So what in Base thinks that it is still a date even though I have specified it as an integer (I also tried BigInt, but that did not help.

Any help would be appreciated.
John Crawford
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
johncraw

Re: Importing date data into Base from Calc

Post by johncraw »

Well I solved my own problem
I recreated the table and the data imported correctly. I imported the dates as numbers and then changed them to the correct format.
John