postgresql sdbc extenstion will not install correctly

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
oksofar

postgresql sdbc extenstion will not install correctly

Post by oksofar »

OO 3.3.0, Win 7

I downloaded the postgresql sdbc (v 7.6b) from http://www.openoffice.org/dba/drivers/p ... tml#source. Whenever I try to install it, it fails. In the package manager GUI, the extension displays the message "Error: The status of this extension is unknown". It won't allow me to remove the extension, and I have to remove it manually.

I tried connecting to my database anyway, but I get a message that there is no driver.

I tried installing some other extensions to see what would happen, and they installed OK.

I tried installing with unopkg, and it seemed to install, but I still get the same message in the GUI, and the same behavior.

I found a post with this same error at viewtopic.php?f=40&t=39247&p=181208&hilit=sdbc#p181208. It was "solved" by using jdbc, which is not what I want.

I tried googling with several different terms, but I don't see this problem showing up (except in the post I mentioned).

What's going on? Is there something wrong with my system? or is it a bug?

thanks.
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
eremmel

Re: postgresql sdbc extenstion will not install correctly

Post by eremmel »

Latest driver seems old to me. If you do not want to use java you might try to use ODBC (take 32-bit, for OOO is 32-bit also).
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)