How to install data+program in a new computer

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
drp_61

How to install data+program in a new computer

Post by drp_61 »

I have split MySQL database using openoffice base. Now that MySQL data and front end of openoffice base .odb files, i want to copy them to other computer so that others can use program and data. Is it possible? because when i tried to copy mysql data, it asks for root password whitout that it does not connect. My original mysql development computer has password for root whilst other computer mysql root has no password.
Libreoffice 6.4.7 windows 10 enterprise, 64 bit
mgroenescheij
Volunteer

Re: How to install data+program in a new computer

Post by mgroenescheij »

Is the MySQL database accessible from each computer via the network?
Have you added users to the MySQL database with enough privileges?
AOO 4.1.5 on MS Windows 10 Professional & MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
drp_61

Post by drp_61 »

We have different MySQL installation on two different desktop. They do not have root password nor any user priviledges. I work from the laptop which has password for development and not in network. After developing some working solution on my laptop, i need to transfer to one of the desktops.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Install the office suite.
Install Java if you are using a JDBC driver.
Well, copying a MySQL database should be possible. You are the one who set it up.
Copy the database document, open it and connect it to the database (Edit>Database>Properties...)
Tools>Options>Databases...Register the database document under the same name.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
drp_61

Post by drp_61 »

Thank you for the reply. I have done exactly like this and strangely i found a problem / difficulty. My development Mysql, root user has password but desktop mysql, root user does not have password. When i copied data files and openoffice base files, it did not allow me access database. whenever i tried to connect, it says user and password is mandatory. That's why i post a question. I have made a new installation of MySQL with root password exactly same as development root user laptop, i managed to conenct with MySQL and program runs normally. I tried to change user management using openoffice base option but coud not. May be i am missing some important steps.