MS Access permissions changed [Was: What happened?

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
estrellasmc

MS Access permissions changed [Was: What happened?

Post by estrellasmc »

I just tried to modify a Microsoft Access table I had connected to OpenOffice Base. I had successfully done this in the past, but this time it wouldn't let me. I found the place where user permissions were handled and found that there was no user listed,that I couldn't add one, and that I couldn't modify the permissions. What is going on Has anyone else had this problem?
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu May 24, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed Subject as suggested by Eremmel, to help better searching (RoryOF, Moderator)
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
eremmel

Re: What happened?

Post by eremmel »

Might it be possible that you do not see all info in Access tables when you have not the right permissions? I remember that I fixed once a access database permissions by taking it over to a MSAccess-MSOffice installation and fixed there the permissions and than took it back. The OOo Base interface is too generic to support you with this kind of issues. Never the less MS Access database with Jet Engine works nice with OOo according my experience.

P.S. modify the subject of your first post to be more specific: "MS Access permissions changed unexpectedly" So it is useful to others as well
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: MS Access permissions changed [Was: What happened?

Post by Villeroy »

You are aware of the primary key that is required for editing any type of database table?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice