SQLite setup

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
Brian Charlton

SQLite setup

Post by Brian Charlton »

I am working on a Windows 7 64-bit system and I have followed the information for installing SQLite to work with OpenOffice Base. I have downloaded and run sqliteODBC.exe which appeared to work successfully. However, when I try to run Base and configure the ODBC, the SQLite Datasource does not appear and I have been unable to get Base to recognise it. Can ayone help?
Open Office 3.3, Windows 7 64-bit
DACM
Volunteer

Re: SQLite setup

Post by DACM »

Brian Charlton wrote:64-bit system...SQLite...Base...ODBC...the SQLite Datasource does not appear
Make sure you're running sqliteODBC.exe (32-bit version since Base is 32-bit) with a right-click "Run as administrator"
AOO 4.1.x; LO 4.2.x; Windows 7/8 64-bit
Warning: Avoid embedded databases --> Solution: Adopt a portable 'split database' folder
Soli Deo gloria
rudolfo
Volunteer

Re: SQLite setup

Post by rudolfo »

I had the same problem initially on Windows 7. It took me quite a time to figure it out because both parts were working separately, they just didn't work together.
But the solution as described by DACM is painless. In deed you can install the 32bit and 64bit versions of the ODBC driver for SQLite in parallel. OOo and any other 32bit application will pick the right one. Here's what the installed programs look on my 64bit system:

Code: Select all

SQLite ODBC driver (remove only)
SQLite3 ODBC driver for Win64 (remove only)
I have no idea, why one line says only SQLite and the other SQLite3. Both or working with the version 3 of the sqlite database.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.