:ugeek: can i use hsqldb 1.8 internal database of open office
backup, data, properties, script?
to php?
Windows XP and Open Office 3.3
rudolfo
Volunteer

Re: Connection between internal hsqldb to php

Post by rudolfo »

That's probably a very difficult task. Sounds like something you would like to do on the 1st of April, simply as a proof of concept. As far as I know there is no database driver module in PHP for HSQLDB. And the second problem is that the embedded database is extracted to a temporary directory when you open the Base file, but you won't know in advance its name. This part of the issue is surely easier to handle and has some complete descriptions in the tutorial Avoiding data loss with with built in HSQLDB.

I have seen people on the net suggesting to use the XML features of PHP to read the data independendly from the XML files. But I am pretty sure that this won't work, because only (parts of) the structure not the data of HSQLDB are stored in XML format.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
jenny143

Post by jenny143 »

thanks for the reply, just wondering for that situation
since open office support the driver for the mysql
and php also support mysql;
Windows XP and Open Office 3.3
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

That's a totally different story. PHP and MySQL are natural counterparts. You may have heard of LAMP or WAMP, the abbrevation for Linux Apache Mysql PHP (and the W is for Windows). In both cases this describes a software bundle (OS, Webserver, Database, Scripting Language) that can be easily installed together.
And MySQL is a server based database egine and typically running in a environment with multiple users in parallel.
PHP and OpenOffice have the same task: To enable database connectivity they need a driver for each engine that they want to support. It is only natural that the two frontends PHP and OOo can connect to the same databases if both of them can connect to roughly estimated a number of 15 different database engine.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.