[Solved] Filemaker Pro 10 files convert to base 3.2?

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
helloemily

[Solved] Filemaker Pro 10 files convert to base 3.2?

Post by helloemily »

I've tried looking around for a solution, but haven't come across one yet..not for a Mac OS at least.

Is there something similar to dbase that I can use to convert my FMP files with? I read on another thread* and someone suggested CSV, but there are so many on the web and I'm not sure which one to download..please advise!!!

Thank you so much!

Emily

* http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... f=40&t=261
Last edited by helloemily on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice Base 3.3.0 on MacOS 10.5.8
FJCC

Re: Filemaker Pro 10 files convert to base 3.2?

Post by FJCC »

There is no need to get any extra software. CSV files are just regular text files in which columns of data are separated with commas or some other specified character. I know nothing about FileMaker Pro, but I see it can export data in the CSV format. I found this help page: http://www.filemaker.com/help/html/impo ... 16.21.html
Once you export your data to CSV, it can be read directly by Base. One version of doing that is explained in this tutorial. You can also connect Base to the CSV files using the wizard you get when Base first starts. The CSV files should be in a dedicated folder. In the first step select "Connect to an Existing Database" and choose the database type "Text". In the next step of the wizard you can specify the location of the files and other details.
Last edited by FJCC on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
helloemily

Re: Filemaker Pro 10 files convert to base 3.2?

Post by helloemily »

Thank you so much, FJCC! i will try it out and if all goes well, ill add [SOLVED] to my title :)
OpenOffice Base 3.3.0 on MacOS 10.5.8