[Solved] Second MySQL database crashes Base

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
evwool
Volunteer

[Solved] Second MySQL database crashes Base

Post by evwool »

I've finally got one MySQL database running with an OpenOffice front end, now I wanted to create another one. So I created the database itself in MySQL and then tried to connect to it with Open Office using the same procedure as I had for the first one, The Connection was established when I tested it in the OOBAse Database Creation Wizard but when I got to the final stage and saved the database as an Open Office file, as soon as I pressed Save, I never got to press finish because open office crashed and I had to restart my PC before I could do anything with any OO file again. The Base file is there in my folder but it won't open at all. I think I've misunderstood something about having more than one MySQL database with Open Office at the front end. What is it?
Last edited by evwool on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Windows XP and on Windows 7 Starter
evwool
Volunteer

Re: Second MySQL database crashes BASE

Post by evwool »

OK Got it! I don't have to do that connecting thing again. In fact I can't. I just create the database in MysQL and it will appear in the database window of my existing database. I can even slide tables into it from an existing Base Database. It bellyaches about not being able to find the correct column type for my text files but actually does just fine.

That database window is certainly going to get very full when I start creating more databases and putting forms in there for each one! I really didn't expect that. Do you MySQL users only ever have one database at a time or something?
eremmel

Re: [Solved] Second MySQL database crashes Base

Post by eremmel »

Time to join a MySQL forum as well?
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
evwool
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Second MySQL database crashes Base

Post by evwool »

eremmel wrote:Time to join a MySQL forum as well?
It certainly is, eremmel! :)