postgresql maths functions

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
rene

postgresql maths functions

Post by rene »

As a result of comments in the following post and or use of two input cells I'm going to try and create a postgresql database and use openoffice to view it.

I seems that database maths functions are limited to a few basic financial/statistical functions (average, sum, etc.)

Can I create a database and then add functions such as multiplication of data in column 1 and column 2? Can I apply other maths functions across different databases (e.g. table 1, row 5, column 2 * column 3 / table 2 row 7 column 4)?
Last edited by rene on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ooo 321; gnome 220; ibm java jre 160; gnu linux mandrake 2008
ooo 2319238; postgresql 826; gnome 220; ibm java jre 150; gnu linux mandriva 2007
openoffice<at>conference.jabber.org
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: postgresql maths functions

Post by Villeroy »

Switch to SQL view. In SQL view turn on "native mode" (Edit>Run SQL directly...).
Base will not parse the SQL command anymore. Your SELECT statement will be passed over to the postgreSQL driver.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Actually you do not need to use SQL for most functions supplied by the database engine.

A simple rule of thumb is that if it is a single word it will work in the GUI.

You simply type the function into the FIELDS column in the GUI designer, along with the parameters ( Column Names, Constants, etc ).
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
rene

Post by rene »

I was originally thinking that I would create a spreadsheet and then have cells of a formula such as:

sum=((database 1 table 1, row 2 colum 3)*(spreadsheet cell a1)/(database 2 table 2, row 3 column 4))-exp (spreadsheet cell b2))

Do I have to perform calculations in base?
ooo 321; gnome 220; ibm java jre 160; gnu linux mandrake 2008
ooo 2319238; postgresql 826; gnome 220; ibm java jre 150; gnu linux mandriva 2007
openoffice<at>conference.jabber.org