MySQL JDBC connector for Ubuntu 20.04 Bug?

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
dls123

MySQL JDBC connector for Ubuntu 20.04 Bug?

Post by dls123 »

I've just setup a Ubunto 20.04 WAMP system in a Proxmox VM. I have installed OpenOffice 4.1.7 with the relevant MySQL JBDC connector to allow Base to be used as a front end for MySQL server. The system works well with no connection problems so far other than:

A user (OrderSys) is setup with access and privileges for just the order database.
However when logged in to Base as OrderSys with connection to the order database, both the order database and the information_schema database are shown under Tables.

Surely only the order database should show with its tables? Is there any way to get rid of information_schema database a this makes it vulnerable.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Many thanks
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: MySQL JDBC connector for Ubuntu 20.04 Bug?

Post by Villeroy »

Awkward issue with MySQL on Ubuntu: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=98371 (you have to be system root to create a db admin account)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

And you have to set up the JDBC driver path under Tools>Options>"Advanced" (or "Java") [Class Path...] which is /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar on my system.
I strongly recommend to use LibreOffice on a Linux system. Everything is installable painlessly from distribution packages.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
dls123

Post by dls123 »

Thanks for the reply. Understood.... Trouble is I have many templates, forms, queries, reports etc setup in open office. would this all be completely and easily transferable?
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Yes.