[Solved] AutoMacro Login and Server (FreeHSQLDB)

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
gkick

[Solved] AutoMacro Login and Server (FreeHSQLDB)

Post by gkick »

I read that one should disable the auto macro in a split db once connecting to a server, do I eliminate it all-together or just the setup bit as there is a chain of subs.
Sometimes when changing the user I get an error at line 77, but if I then right click and choose database and add the credentials of another user it connects ok. Is that because the macro defaults to SA ?

Also is there a way of masking the password entry or is the hey look this is my password a feature by design?

@Villeroy, did you ever receive my pm way back? I do have a question in relation to running Ubuntu in a VM which does not belong here.

Thanks
Last edited by gkick on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libre Office 6.4.6 on Windows 10 HSQL 2.51 backend
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: AutoMacro Login and Server (FreeHSQLDB)

Post by Villeroy »

The auto-install macro which can be embedded in a database document tests if the registration, database path or driver location can be found at their absolute locations and tries to find the driver path and database relative to the database path after the path has changed. Unforturnately, these things are always stored as absolute paths. The macro performs its tests and does nothing if everything is in the right place.
You can remove the auto-start entry in Tools>Customize... tab "Events" and start the macro manually when needed. After removing the auto-start entry, you can also remove all the modules and keep everything in place so you don't need the macro anymore.
It seems as if the password feature does not work anymore. You can store the info if a log-in is required and you can store a default user name but not the password. or storing the password has no longer the effect that you are logged in automatically.
I think some other macro might be able to establish a database connection with a given name and password.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
gkick

Re: AutoMacro Login and Server (FreeHSQLDB)

Post by gkick »

Thank you
Libre Office 6.4.6 on Windows 10 HSQL 2.51 backend