[Solved] Conditional Fields based on boolean

Creating and using forms
sleepingbeautyc

[Solved] Conditional Fields based on boolean

Post by sleepingbeautyc »

I have a boolean that the user enters to basically over-ride the entered address and add a secondary shipping address. So I wrote a quick macro that seems to work to reveal the fields when the box is checked. However from the quick way I programmed it, It cannot be rehidden when unchecked. Which isn't a huge deal but I thought I'd ask some questions:
  1. How do I access the state of the checkbox. In reality I just want to know what the breakout of the oEvent object is. Does anyone know where that is described. Or does anyone know where to get the checkbox state in the oEvent object?
  2. I am hiding multiple fields and their labels. I tried to group the field and it's label and give them the same name and then hide the grouped name and field together, but that didn't work (it only hid one of the pair). I imagine that I can put all of the fields into a subform but honestly too lazy. Is there an elegant way to hide a bunch of fields and labels?
  3. Does anyone have a better documentation manual than this: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... ser_Manual. I have been trying to find things in it and it is written in a way that doesn't allow quick lookup. :crazy:
Last edited by RusselB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Green check and Solved tag added
OpenOffice 4.1.6
Windows 10
sleepingbeautyc

Re: Conditional Fields based on boolean

Post by sleepingbeautyc »

Never mind folks, I took one look at the procedure to create a calculated field and realized that this software is not for serious developers. I've moved to SQL.
OpenOffice 4.1.6
Windows 10