[Solved] Free standing menu form containing data

Creating and using forms
gkick

[Solved] Free standing menu form containing data

Post by gkick »

Hi,

Converted a form consisting of main, sub and table controls all working fine. During the conversion I received a authentication prompt for each part.
Once opening the odf from a shortcut or directly the same thing happens again. After that full functional, no problems.
If I right click in the database container and select database, properties and de check pw required, the check does not seem to do anything because on next connection it prompts again.
Where do I find the setting to turn authentication off or did I miss something during conversion?
Last edited by gkick on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libre Office 6.4.6 on Windows 10 HSQL 2.51 backend
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Free standing menu form containing data

Post by Villeroy »

The database backend requires authentification or not. If authentification is required on the backend side and you do not check the password option in the frontend (Base document), you wll get an error message because Base tries to connect as a default user with no password. If you check the password option, you will be prompted for the required log-in. As far as I know, it does not matter if you initiate the connection through some regular office document or the database document. The connection parameters (driver, URL, authentification) are always read from the database document.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice