[Solved] Field Labels are truncated

Creating and using forms
fidkent

[Solved] Field Labels are truncated

Post by fidkent »

Most of my field labels in Form View show only the first few letters. The full label of the field is only visible by extending the Field box. There is plenty of space to show the full label without having to increase the length of the box Is there a way of doing this?
Thank you
Last edited by robleyd on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick [robleyd, Moderator]
Open Office 4.1.5 Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Field Labels are truncated

Post by UnklDonald418 »

There is plenty of space to show the full label without having to increase the length of the box
If that were the case, it would show the full text for the label. Truncated text indicates that the width of the label control is too narrow.
I suspect that the label is grouped with another control and you are changing the width of the group rather than the just the label control.
In the Edit/Design mode, <Ctrl> Click on the label field to select it alone, then you can resize it using the handles.
Alternatively, right click on the selection and select Control from the menu to open the Properties: Label Field dialog.
On the General you can adjust all the available properties including Width.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
fidkent

Re: Solved - Field Labels are truncated

Post by fidkent »

Many thanks - I had no idea that the labels could be resized separately :oops:
Open Office 4.1.5 Windows 10