[Solved] Mainform vs Subform Tab Order

Creating and using forms
skip671

[Solved] Mainform vs Subform Tab Order

Post by skip671 »

I'm having an issue with the tab order of my form. There is a mainform with 3 fields and 3 subforms. I am able to adjust the tab order of fields in each of the form/subforms but I can not seem to adjust the order of the subforms in relation to the mainform. When I go to enter data, it wants to enter subform 3 data first, then mainform data, then subform 2 and 1 data. I need it to go mainform data, subform 3, subform 2, subform 1.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (21.7 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue May 08, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Mainform vs Subform Tab Order

Post by Villeroy »

Create a fifth dummy form, drag the subform to that dummy and then back to the main form in right order.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
skip671

Post by skip671 »

Thanks. I figured it would be easy. Of course it puts it at the bottom, so I had to do it with each of the other subforms that I had already created. But that's no big deal. Now everything is in order and as I add new subforms, they should fall in order.

Just a quick, unrelated question. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of subforms that can be added to a mainform? I'm going to be looking at probably 50 or so subforms by the time this project is completed.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Mainform vs Subform Tab Order

Post by RoryOF »

I'm not an expert on BASE, but my thinking is that your subforms should be dynamic - that is, created from parameters specific to each subform when called - rather than static (predefined).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

skip671 wrote:Just a quick, unrelated question. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of subforms that can be added to a mainform? I'm going to be looking at probably 50 or so subforms by the time this project is completed.
This should be no problem. My personal maximum of nested forms is this: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=70259
The form named "Knock out stage" has 16 subforms to look up data for 16 matches and the sub-subforms of these 16 take the match results as input.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice