[Solved] Timetable form

Creating and using forms
Toninelli

[Solved] Timetable form

Post by Toninelli »

Hi,
I have the following database
TEACHER (cod_teacher, surname, name)
CLASS (cod_class, year, section, course)
LESSON (cod_lesson, id_teacher, id_class, subject, time, day)
-id_teacher (TEACHER) and id_class (CLASS) are foreign key
-time includes in which time of day (from the first to the fifth) the lesson takes place
-day includes in which day of week (from monday to saturday) the lesson takes place
What i would like to do is a form composed of the following data
-two text fields (surname, name) in which the user insert teacher's name and surname
-30 combo box (arranged in a grid 5x6) that represent the hours of a week, from whose list you can choose a class
the form should memorize for each lesson time
-id teacher (through the name and surname inserted in the text fields)
-id class (provided by the user's choice that click on one of the 30 combo boxes=
-lesson's time and day, which I guess can be attributed automatically based on which combo box the user's editing
So, if the user edit the first (at the top left) combo box, one row of the tab lesson has always to receive time=1 (or first) and day=1 (or monday)
I hope someone can help me, thank you
Attachments
timetable.odb
(19.31 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Timetable form

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I don't think the scheme you show in the form timetable will work, at least not with the data tables you currently have in your database.
I uploaded a revised database. I believe the form timetable3 may be close to what you want to accomplish. I only included 4 days on the form, but it shouldn't be too difficult for you to add the missing days.
Attachments
timetable01.odb
(35.38 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Toninelli

Re: Timetable form

Post by Toninelli »

awesome, thank you
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10