Forms are glitching after I make them

Creating and using forms
mikejw84

Forms are glitching after I make them

Post by mikejw84 »

Hi, I've just started using this program, so i'm still learing. I'm trying to make a form to enter in general customer information as well as job details. I'm using the wizard to create it, which i'm afraid may be my mistake. All goes well until the very end of the process, I select a layout, which is then displayed and looks just fine. Once I click the "finish" button, everything that was diplayed normally before, is now piled up on top of each other. This seems to only be happening to the things at the bottom of the screen, top 2/3 seems to be fine, but that bottom 1/3 is a mess. Has anyone seen this problem before? I'd really appreciate some help. I've posted a picture as well.
Attachments
Base Form Problem.png
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 7
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Forms are glitching after I make them

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I can't say I've experienced that problem, but the Form Design Wizard does have limited capabilities.
Open the form in the Edit/Design mode (right click on the form name in the main database window and select Edit) then look along the bottom of the screen for the Form Navigator icon (usually the 4th from the left) and select that to open the Form Navigator dialog. Now you can select an individual control in the Form Navigator window and even if it is hidden in the pile of controls it will be highlighted (the 6 green handles will appear) and you can use the GUI to drag it to an open area on your form or if you right click on it and select Properties you should get a Properties dialog for that control. On the General tab you can adjust a whole list of properties including Size, Position, and Font. You can also change the Name to something more meaningful than TextBox9 or whatever name the wizard assigned to that control.
The second icon from the left along the bottom of the screen is Design Mode On/Off which allows you to switch back and forth between the design mode and the live mode.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
RPG
Volunteer

Re: Forms are glitching after I make them

Post by RPG »

Maybe your form is not big enough.
Press the return key until your form does have the good size.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2