[Solved] Selecting/Changing multiple fields

Creating and using forms
Fallynn

[Solved] Selecting/Changing multiple fields

Post by Fallynn »

I created a form using the wizard and most of the fields are way too large. Is there a way I can change multiple fields at the same time? When I try to use the select tool to select a number of them, it changes the overall form size. As in the entire form becomes, say 1 inch wide; instead of each individual field becoming 1 inch wide.

On a side note, if you're going to suggest using the auto-fit feature, I'd love to but everything in there is grayed out. If you have some advice on how to fix that, that would be appreciated too.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Selecting/Changing multiple fields

Post by UnklDonald418 »

If you used the Form Wizard then each control is grouped with its label, so, using the select tool and lassoing the controls usually doesn't work very well because you are resizing both the control and the label.
If you chose the Columnar format for your form you will need to resize each column of controls individually.
For each column, <Ctrl><Shift>Click on each control box you want to resize. Then use the handle on the center right of the selection box to resize the selected controls all at once.

An alternative is to open the Form Navigator which is usually the 4th icon from the left on the Form Design toolbar (along the bottom of the screen). In the Form Navigator dialog <Ctrl> Click on each of controls you want to resize. Again, if you have more than one column you will need to resize each column separately.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Fallynn

Re: Selecting/Changing multiple fields

Post by Fallynn »

UnklDonald418 wrote:An alternative is to open the Form Navigator which is usually the 4th icon from the left on the Form Design toolbar (along the bottom of the screen). In the Form Navigator dialog <Ctrl> Click on each of controls you want to resize.
This ended up being the fastest fix for me although thanks also for the tip about the wizard locking the controls with its label. That was another minor annoyance. :D
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10