Navigation control's "next" and "previous" buttons run wild

Creating and using forms
bongbang

Navigation control's "next" and "previous" buttons run wild

Post by bongbang »

The navigation control added to my main form "runs" in an apparently random manner when the "next " or "previous" button is pushed. The form seems to go through a number of momentarily visible records, but there's no telling which one it's going to settle on.

The "first" and "last" buttons work as expected, as does manually typing a number into the "Record ___ of XX" field. The built-in navigation control at the bottom of the window has exactly the same problem.

I have turned off navigation on my subform, but to no effect (as I expected). I remember coming across a thread on this forum about I similar problem, but there is no resolution and I can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated.
LibreOffice 5.3.6.1. Windows 10. MySQL 6.3.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Navigation control's "next" and "previous" buttons run w

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I've tried a number of things to see if I could duplicate your problem.
I was able get similar results with the Delay property set very low (2 ms) and holding down the mouse button rather than just quickly clicking it.
Try increasing the Delay property to something like 200 ms and see if that helps.
Perhaps your mouse button is sticking a bit.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
bongbang

Post by bongbang »

Thank you for trying to help, UD, but I'm afraid it didn't help. With the delay increased to 1000 ms, the form still runs (or hops or skips), just more slowly. That is, it still goes wherever it wants to go (with no observed reduction in distance); it just takes longer to get there.

Maybe I should try a different mouse and then get back to you, but I don't have one handy right now. For what it's worth, I don't notice a problem with any other applications.
LibreOffice 5.3.6.1. Windows 10. MySQL 6.3.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

That's odd, does it exhibit that behavior on all Base forms or just that one?
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11