Form

Creating and using forms
eeg3

Form

Post by eeg3 »

Hello,

I am new to Open Office but I have used MS Access and took a class on it. With that being said, I have a general understanding of how databases work. I have created a database for my boss. We work in real estate so the table I created has multiple fields. I created a form to input new data and search the existing data. But when I go to search the records it says "1 of 40* records" but I have 141 records total and it is only searching those 40 records. I do not have any filters on my data. Why is this happening and how can I fox it?

Thank you in advance!
Open Office 3.1 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Form

Post by Villeroy »

Base loads only a screen fill of data and indicates the incomplete row set with a * next to the number. It shows the full record count after you moved to the last record.
You can add a subform with the following content: SELECT COUNT(*)AS "Record Count" FROM "Table" with a text box to display the result. Subforms refresh every time when the parent form is updated.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice