[Solved] Rotated image

Creating and using forms
eejeeee

[Solved] Rotated image

Post by eejeeee »

I am starting to use Base for the first time and have managed to create a form with an image field in it. Unfortunately whenever I choose 'insert graphic' and select my image it then appears sideways despite the fact that it was the right way up in 'photos'. I have tried fiddling with the scale options in the control but it makes no difference. Does anyone know how to either get the orientation correct in the first place or how to rotate the image once it is in the form? Thanks
Last edited by eejeeee on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOS 10.11
robleyd

Re: Rotated image

Post by robleyd »

'photos' may show the image in the orientation as taken by the camera. Try opening the image with another image viewer and see if the orientation is different; you may need to change the orientation to suit your needs. Base is not designed to do image manipulation.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

There is a Tutorial on storing images in Base
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=44124
pay particular attention to the section
Storing image files externally in a dedicated subfolder(s):
Using that approach you can use your favorite image editor to control the orientation of the displayed image.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

It is far better to process images in an image editor before inserting them. The free IrfanView rotates images very easily.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
eejeeee

Post by eejeeee »

Thanks for the help. I exported my pictures out of 'photos' and saved them in a separate folder and now they are coming up as expected so thanks again.
OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOS 10.11