Load a form from other ?

Creating and using forms
arfgh

Load a form from other ?

Post by arfgh »

Is it possible to load a form from other, for example having a table grid into and we want to click on some wow and other form get loaded ?

how to do it ?

thx in advance
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Load a form from other ?

Post by Villeroy »

This is what subforms do. If there is a problem with screen space, you can scroll to the subform by hyperlink or you can write a macro to open another form document and pass the current record ID to the contained form.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

Villeroy, i use subforms, usually to show filtered data conforming the main form. But i wanted, for example, to click on some row on the table grid into the sub-form, and by the way open 'specialized' form i have designed just on that db record.
Can you please show an example to do it ?

thx in advance
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Write a program. You can not expect that someone does that for you over and over again.
We have a whole subforum only for database expamples. With a little bit of searching you could have found this: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=36124
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

maybe i have expressed it bad, maybe the better way is to have some button with a macro doing some query and loading the results in the current form. Simpliest to open other forms i think. Using filters that can be easily done, but, when we want to open other form, is with the intention to show the clicked element, and that's my problem, i dont know how to do that...

help
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

Assign this code to your command button. Delete second line if you don't want to close the first form

Code: Select all

sub FormButton
    ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.GetByName("NewForm").open
    ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.GetByName("OldForm").close
end sub
Or a more comprehensive/universal solution is below. To use this, assign the command button's 'Mouse button released' event to it and if you want to close the calling form add its name to the 'Additional information' property of the button.

Code: Select all

sub OpenFormCloseForm_Button_Click( oev as variant )
'reads sOpenFormName & sCloseFormName separated by a comma from tag of calling button
Dim XX, sOpenFormName, sCloseFormName as string
Dim N1,N2 as integer
XX=oev.Source.Model.Tag
N1=len(XX)
N2=instr(XX,",")
If N2<>0 then
	sOpenFormName = left(XX,N2-1)
	sCloseFormName = right(XX,N1-N2)
else
	sOpenFormName = XX
	sCloseFormName = ""
endif
OpenForm( getFormsTC, getConnectionTC, sOpenFormName )
If sCloseFormName<>"" then ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.GetByName(sCloseFormName).close 
end sub

function OpenForm( formContainer as variant, oConnection as variant, sFormName as string) as variant
Dim aProp(1) As New com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
aProp(0).Name = "ActiveConnection"
aProp(0).Value = oConnection
aProp(1).Name = "OpenMode"
aProp(1).Value = "open"
OpenForm = formContainer.loadComponentFromURL(sFormName,"_blank",0,aProp())
end function 

function getFormsTC() as variant
getFormsTC = thisComponent.Parent.getFormDocuments
end function

function getConnectionTC() as variant
getConnectionTC = thisComponent.Drawpage.Forms(0).ActiveConnection
end function 
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10