Autofill subform fields from a main form field

Creating and using forms
adrry

Autofill subform fields from a main form field

Post by adrry »

Hello,

I'm totally lost with 2 issues, reason for which I required you help.

1. I have a main form with unbound fields and a subform (with this I'm writing data in tbl). What I'm doing is to call in a subform field, a data from main form. I did like that: On an "save" button I add the code - Forms!Invoice![Products_invoice subform].Form![number] = Me!Invoice_number.Value
The problem is that, if I have multiple lines filled in subform, the value is completed only in selected line and not in all of them. How can I call the "invoice_number" in all the fields / lines filled?

2. Let's assume that I have a main form (frm1) and 3 tables (tbl1, tbl2 and tbl3). In the frm1 I called some data from tbl2. How can I save data in tbl3, from tbl1 if the info does not exists in my form? Can you please help me with specific explanations?

Thank you,
Adriann
OpenOffice 3.1
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Re: Autofill subform fields from a main form field

Post by Arineckaig »

Welcome to the forum.
Where you ask:
Can you please help me with specific explanations?
It would assist the task of supplying specific suggestions if you were to upload a copy of your .odb [Base] file but with any sensitive data removed. You will find help on How to attach a document here.
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB