[Solved] Money field accepts input but does not display it

Creating and using forms

[Solved] Money field accepts input but does not display it

Postby owlbrudder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:22 am

I am running PostgreSQL 9.5.4 on a Fedora 24 Linux box and have Libre Office 5.1.6.2.0+

I am building an application in Base over a PostgreSQL database. One table has a field of PostgreSQL type 'money'. I have created a form containing a subform that uses this table. The control on the form accepts input, shows the '$' sign as expected and the input is saved with the record. When I scroll through the recordset of the subform, none of the values in the money control are displayed: all that displays is '$0.00'. When I look at the content of the table, the $values entered are present. Input is accepted but display is not and I can't see why.

Is this a known bug? I googled without success. Any help solving this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Doug
Last edited by RoryOF on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
LibreOffice Version: 5.3.3.0
Fedora 26 Linux x86_64
Core i7, 8Gb
owlbrudder

Re: Money field accepts input but does not then display it

Postby owlbrudder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:28 am

Belay that! I used the wizard to create a simple form using the table in question and the money values display perfectly well, so it is clearly my fault that the form I have been working on is having problems. Now to track down the solution ...

Cheers,
Doug
Fedora 26 Linux x86_64
Core i7, 8Gb
owlbrudder

Re: Money field accepts input but does not then display it

Postby owlbrudder » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:46 am

owlbrudder wrote:Now to track down the solution ...
The problem consistently occurs when I use a Currency field to input and display the data. Changing to a Formatted control finally solved the problem. I guess there is some incompatibility between PostgreSQL's 'money' data type and Base's Currency field type. Another thing learned.

Cheers,
Doug
Fedora 26 Linux x86_64
Core i7, 8Gb
owlbrudder

Return to Forms