Creating a Search Form

Creating and using forms
amandaje

Creating a Search Form

Post by amandaje »

I have a very simple database with maybe 9 fields. We are transitioning from FileMaker Pro and need this to be just as user friendly as who ever made our filemaker database. Right now we have 8200 entries each having information in between 3 and 9 of those fields.

Here's what we need:

1. A comprehensive database (Done - Table created!)
2. The ability to add new entries (Done - Form Created!)
3. The ability to search the database and generate tables from our search (Not done!)
4. The ability to open a record with all of its fields as an individual page instead part of a list (I dont know if this is even possible here)

Bascially what I want is a form, with all nine of my fields. And I can type things into anyone of those fields or multiple fields, HIT SUBMIT, then a table pop up with all the records that meet my search criteria. The query wizard is complicated for the general users which is why I want a form. I even made a form
Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 2.36.19 PM copy.jpg
but I can't do anything with it. I can't make it search nor do I have a submit button to start the search. Im sure this has been asked 101 times, and I really did spend a few hours sifting through these forums but I couldnt find anything that met exactly what Im look for.

Thanks for any help or pointing in the right direction!
OpenOffice 4.1.1.
Mac OSX El Capitan
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Creating a Search Form

Post by UnklDonald418 »

At the top of this page is a link to "Base Tutorials" where you can find information on creating Queries and Forms.
Another good resource that has a fairly thorough discussion of creating Queries and Forms is
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ima ... torial.pdf
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
mouseandcat

Re: Creating a Search Form

Post by mouseandcat »

i have a similar search aspect using these:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=42845

if you want a working example (from the link above by vill):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10552709/FilterExamples.zip
WIN 7 X64
OpenOffice 4.1.2 AOO412m3