[Solved] Inserting and using a folder in form design view

Creating and using forms
Liamdale

[Solved] Inserting and using a folder in form design view

Post by Liamdale »

Hi,

I have noticed that one can insert a folder in the Base form design view. I find that is is a great way to organize various forms but for the life of me I can't find how to place a form definition into the folder

Inserting the folder is easy. Use Insert> Folder... then name it, but that's it. Drag and drop does not work. I can't find a menu command to use the folder.

Can anyone help?
Last edited by Liamdale on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice vers 5.0 on Linux Ubuntu (English/French versions)
RPG
Volunteer

Re: Inserting and using a folder in form design view

Post by RPG »

Hello
Liamdale wrote:Drag and drop does not work.
It is working for me. It can maybe only work for writer documents created as a form document.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
Liamdale

Post by Liamdale »

Thanks for the input.

After reading your post, I again tried to insert a form definition into Base's Design view folder but without success. Since I use MySQL as a native database, I though maybe that could contribute to the problem.
I tested an old database using imbedded HSQLDB but have the same result. I even tried an old example db which used a folder but I still couldn't place a form in the folder or remove one already in the folder. I even tried creating a test form with the folder selected but the libreoffice saved the form outside the folder.
It can maybe only work for writer documents created as a form document
I assume you mean standalone forms. Personally I like standalone forms and when my database is finished, I will probably go in that direction.

I can only assume that my version of Libreoffice (5.0.0.4) does not permit using folders or there is something else I'm missing.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Another thing that works with solid versions of LO and AOO is this:
Create the folder
Copy a forms icon
Select the folder icon
Paste
Delete the initial form

Bug report: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/sho ... i?id=93656
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Liamdale

Post by Liamdale »

Tried out your approach and I think I've discovered what seems to be a bug in LibreOffice 5.0. I tried Villeroy's method and discovered that I can't copy/paste a Form inside Base. To test this observation further, I created a test DB using the embedded DB configuration and discovered that I could copy/paste a Query but not a Form or Report. I made a further verification with LibreOffice 4.4 that I have on a laptop (using Mint 17) and found that the drag and drop into a folder works fine. I can also copy/paste to my hearts content.

I will mark the post as solved and check if there is really a bug in LibreOffice 5.0 or something wrong with my installation of the upgrade

Thank to everyone for your help.
Liamdale

Re: Inserting and using a folder in form design view [Solved

Post by Liamdale »

I was checking for a bug report for my Base problem and found that Villeroy had already reported it.

Congratulations, I have no experience reporting bugs and I'm glad it is done.

One small point, My version of Libreoffice suite is 5.0.0.4 I don't know if that fact is important