[Solved] Tables aren't visible in forms design

Creating and using forms
gms9810

[Solved] Tables aren't visible in forms design

Post by gms9810 »

Hi all,
I used to be fairly proficient with Base but I haven't used it for a while. Recently I wanted to make a database, the tables design went well. I registered it, put in the primary key and saved it. However, when I try to make a form the tables don't show up and the design options are greyed out. I made another base just to check my design. I went very slowly and am fairly sure I did everything right but it too doesn't show up in form design. I'm using the latest version of open office, I only have base impress installed though as I already have ms office 2015 If someone can point me in the right direction to solve this problem I'd really be grateful. I'd offer my oldest child as payment but that would be a terrible thing to do to some poor schmuck as she's 34 years old and has a hot temper. That leaves me with just my sincere thanks.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Tables aren't visible in forms design

Post by Villeroy »

Toolbar "Form Design", button #5 pops up the form navigator with a blank collection of forms.
Right-click [Forms}>New>Form and give a name.
Right-click your new form and get its properties window.
On the [Data] tab you choose the data source (not availlable when it is an embedded form), table or query or SQL as source type and the table name, query name or SQL as source.
Now you can add subforms (right-click>New>Form) and form controls from toolbar "Form Controls".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

I only have base impress installed though as I already have ms office 2015 If someone can point me in the right direction to solve this problem I'd really be grateful.
I suggest you install the complete Base package as reports are in Writer format and some forms will be too.

Regards,

Nocton
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
gms9810

Post by gms9810 »

I installed writer and that fixed my problem. Thanks for the help.
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows XP
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

Good.
Please add [Solved] to the header of your original post. This is an aid to people with a similar problem who are searching for a solution.

Regards

Nocton
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10