[Solved] Issue with Database form

Creating and using forms
dkelly

[Solved] Issue with Database form

Post by dkelly »

Hi there, I am new to this so bear with me. I have been creating a fairly extensive database for a work project and total there is approx 156 fields. I created a database form to speed up entry but am having issues with the display of the form on the very bottom of the form. The last field is laying over top of the second last set of fields and it doesn't seem to matter if I remove upper fields and move lower fields. I have attached a picture of the issue and was hoping to get some insight as to what the problem may be. If you look at the bottom of the form you will see the 2 fields that have the very bottom field stacked on top of them.

Any help would be appreciated
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
charlie.it
Volunteer

Re: Issue with Database form

Post by charlie.it »

Hi, have you tried to zoom out?
charlie
Italian AOO Admin
macOS 14 Sonoma M1: Open Office 4.1.15 - LibreOffice 7.5.7.1

http://www.charlieopenoffice.altervista.org
MTP
Volunteer

Post by MTP »

I believe the problem is the page is not long enough. Remember that a Base form is a Writer document. If you want to make the page longer in a Writer file, click on the page (meaning, click somewhere away from any form control) to get the text cursor, then press Enter several times until you get to the bottom of the page, then keep pressing Enter until the page is as long as you want.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
dkelly

Post by dkelly »

Thanks for the tip MTP, You were correct, I hit enter until I was past the bottom of my fields and it allowed the fields to separate and display properly.
OpenOffice 4.1.1. Windows 8.1