[Solved] Search for records

Creating and using forms
OONewbie94

[Solved] Search for records

Post by OONewbie94 »

Is there a macro I can use to search for a record in the sense that I can enter a keyword in one text box and choose from a combobox and tick a checkbox and the macro will return records specifying those requirements? Kind of like the user being able to run a query with a form- I know you can build a form from a query but it doesn't allow the user to choose the query. What I'm asking for is an advanced search function. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by OONewbie94 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on MacOS 10.10.2
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Re: Search for records

Post by Arineckaig »

Kind of like the user being able to run a query with a form- I know you can build a form from a query but it doesn't allow the user to choose the query.
Building comprehensive queries from a form document can frequently be obtained by making full use of the often overlooked icons on the Navigation Bar Form Control or even the Form Navigation Toolbar.
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB
OONewbie94

Post by OONewbie94 »

I know you can use filters and the navigation bar to look for records, but this is meant as a shortcut for lazy people. A way to minimise effort. Any other way to do this with macros to make multiple search fields that can be carried out at once?
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

It's all possible without a single code-line.
Use instead a single-row-filter-table, as described here.
It's not easy to understand, but if you once know how, it's done in few minutes.
Load up a sample .odb, describe what are your filtercriterias, maybe someone will help, to set it up.
R
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
OONewbie94

Post by OONewbie94 »

Thank you! Very helpful and a lot easier than my attempts. :)