[Solved] Change form old data source table to new table

Creating and using forms
antonio1

[Solved] Change form old data source table to new table

Post by antonio1 »

hi.
I have base with list of pupils from 589school in table "589". For data changing i had designed form "589_enter_data". Now I create new table "811" for 811 school, and i make copy of form"589_enter_data" and renamed it to "811_enter_data".
But, of coarse, it still entering data to table "589" now. Because i cannot find, in design view, in which place are placed source table choice for the form.
So, how to change data source for form?
Thanks .
ooo 4.0.0 win XPSP3 32bit win8 64bit
MTP
Volunteer

Re: change form old data source table to the new created ta

Post by MTP »

It's probably better to have a column in your table for "SchoolName" or "SchoolID" and keep all the schools in the same table.

To change the data source, first open the form in design mode (right-click the form name and choose "edit"). Next, make sure you have the toolbar "Form Design" visible. On the "Form Design" toolbar, press the icon for the Form Navigator (sixth from the left or top, the icon looks like a rectangle with a compass in the top right corner). In the Form Navigator window, right-click on the name of your form and choose Properties. On the tab "Data", the field "content" will be a dropdown box of the tables in your database. Choose the table you want to use.

If you keep all the schools in the same table, and want to display just one school, on the "Data" tab find the field "Filter" and press the "..." button next to the "Filter" field. In the popup window, choose the school column and type in the value you want it to have.

You can also apply a filter while using the form - just press the funnel icon on the Navigation Toolbar, and it will pop up the same window.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
antonio1

Re: change form old data source table to the new created ta

Post by antonio1 »

Thank you. The left side 6 icon from top! It' s what that i need!

P.S.
Of coarse, there are "school" and "form" columns, in each file, because before i planned to keep all the records in a single file. But after some exp. i concluded, that the separate files architecture will be more convenient for this customer, depends on her low level.
ooo 4.0.0 win XPSP3 32bit win8 64bit